- Download the zip file of your desired version.
- Follow the instructions to upgrade the Umbraco web project.
The way to merge two files:
- Use file explorer to have two windows open: one shows the contents of the current Umbraco web app's folder and one shows the unzipped folder of the new version.
- Open both the current version and the new version of a file with Visual Studio Code.
- Copy the new version to the clipboard.
- Select the current version, right-click > Compare text with Clipboard, find the differences and make necessary changes.
It takes about 20-30 minutes to go over all the files that need to be merged. The entire upgrading process takes about half an hour.